Name:
Location: Davis, California, United States

I am a graphic design student at UC Davis. My screenname, kiroin is used for my websites, blogs and other online presences. It has no meaning.. yet? Email: yyishida@ucdavis.edu

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Midway- expectations and reality

I expected to use a lot more Japanese and meet many more people from the area. Also, I am a bit dissapointed to find that our schedule prevents us from hanging out with students outside our program. We've been tagged as antisocial by our dormmates. It's not that we are actively trying to avoid the other students, but we are usually just in class and out together in town or back at the dorm at work. We don't really hang out at the dorm.

Japan has gotten familiar and comfortable in the places we travel, but there are occaisions where I remember that I'm in a foreign country. I feel even more isolated after getting used to the society since I can't really communicate to others yet I am a 'part' of their world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home