Name:
Location: Davis, California, United States

I am a graphic design student at UC Davis. My screenname, kiroin is used for my websites, blogs and other online presences. It has no meaning.. yet? Email: yyishida@ucdavis.edu

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Saying Goodbye

One of the hardest things about staying longer in Japan than the actual program is having to extend my goodbyes day by day. Akin to ripping off a band-aid slowly rather than all at once, the experience of seeing the group become smaller and smaller as time passes is rather sad and painful. Having my parents come to Japan during this process only makes matters worse as I want to ignore them to extend the scarce time left with my peers. It was certainly a mistake to overlap the times and not give myself a break to transition my mindset from that of a student/tourist to that of a family member/tour guide. The Minato-Ku show was a last minute thing as well, jutting into our last few days- a licorice jelly bean amongst peach, mango and pina-colada. I am very worried that my piece will not make the trip from venue to venue besides the fact that I made a box to pack it in. But all is done and moving out signals the end of this crazy, fun, very informational trip.

As in all major journeys, I think I learned the most about my own personality and how I relate to others. I am not an interesting person varbatim. (diction?) I think I like to just get attention and to accomplish that I either open myself to ridicule or try and do things to appear outstanding. This makes for very boring conversations thus I vow to loosen up my hold on opinions and feelings. I really need to be more confident that everything will be alright even when people don't agree. Another observation is that I generally I don't find myself very creative but through sheer determination arrive at a solution to problems in work and life. I guess this fits into my mindset that I hate research but will do it if need be. I hope to be more open to crazy ideas and go for them to see where they take me. Kind of like how I'm running the rest of my trip. I don't know where I'll be but wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home